Ever wondered what a cake without flour would be like? Or if that was even possible! Here’s a magic recipe for you.
- 72% Dark Chocolate – 450gms ( chopped )
- Unsalted Butter – 450gms
- Almond Meal – 300gms
- Castor Sugar – 300gms
- Vanilla Essence – 1tsp
- Eggs – 6 nos
- Milk / Water
- In the kitchen aid whisk together the eggs, castor sugar and butter until a creamy batter is formed. Set aside.
- In a microwave proof bowl melt the chopped 72% dark chocolate in short bursts of 30 seconds, stirring after each burst until the chocolate turns liquid. Keep in mind that long bursts in a microwave may burn the chocolate.
- Add the melted chocolate to the creamy batter giving the mixture a good stir.
- Fold in the Almond meal.
- At this point you should have semi runny batter, if not, add in milk & water.
- Bake in a preheated oven ( 180 degrees ) for 25 – 30 minutes or until batter shrinks from the sides.