The dark chocolate mud cake – moist and divine, is one of our favourite recipes, also eggless and so simple to make.
Note: The rich taste of chocolate depends on the quality of chocolate you use. We’d suggest, you use a really good quality real chocolate.
- 250 gms butter
2. 375 ml water
3. 3 teaspoons instant coffee (mixed with above mentioned water)
4. 220 gms caster sugar
5. 35 gms cocoa powder
6 .100 gms Jus’Trufs 72% Artisanal dark chocolate, chopped
7. 250 gms refined flour
8. 1teaspoon soda
- Preheat oven to 150 degree Celsius.
– Grease and line with butter paper , an 8 inch round cake tin.
– Combine butter, water, coffee, sugar, cocoa powder and chocolate in a saucepan and place it over gentle heat. Bring to boil while stirring. Everything should be dissolved. Be careful the mix shouldn’t boil over.
– Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
– Remove from heat, cover and let cool to room temperature.
– Whisk in gently flour and soda into the cooled liquid. Whisk till all lumps are removed. Do not over whisk.
– Pour the batter into prepared tin. Tap to remove any large air bubbles.
– Bake for around 25 – 30 minutes.
– The top of the cake may crack, don’t worry the cracks will settle once the cake cools down.
– Remove from oven. Leave to cool in tin for 15 minutes. Gently turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
You could also layer it with dark chocolate ganache if you like.