Life is better with fresh baked butter cookies!
Flour – 250gms
Butter – 200gms ( softened )
Icing sugar – 100gms
Walnuts / Almond slivers / Chocolate chips ( optional )
1) In a large mixing bowl, add in the flour & butter & knead with your fingers until a soft but firm dough is formed.
3) Allow the dough to rest for ½ hour in the fridge.
4) Preheat the oven to 180°C / 375°F & line a baking tray with butter paper.
9) Divide the dough into small balls of 20gms & arrange them on the baking paper, leaving a 1inch space all around the dough. Slightly press the dough so as to flatten it.
10) Sprinkle few pieces of walnuts / almond slivers / chocolate chips on top ( optional ).
11) Bake it for 10-15 minutes or till the cookies slightly change in color.
12) Once done, transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.