This is one of our favourite tarts , not too sweet with the crunchy walnuts on top giving it that extra texture
- Short crust pastry ( sweet) – 120gms
- Sugar – 100gms
- Amul Cream – 100gms
- Butter unsalted -100gms
- Dates – 150 ( chopped )
- Walnuts chopped – 150 ( chopped )
- Honey – 50 gms
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- chocolate cake crumbs – 50gms
- Preheat the oven to 160 / 170 degrees C
- In a thick bottomed pan, caramelize the sugar on low heat, stirring all the time.
- Remove from heat & stir in the amul cream & butter.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes & add in the dates, walnuts & honey.
- Add in the cake crumb, vanilla essence & the eggs, incorporate all ingredients.
- Fill into prebaked pie tart.
- Bake for 25 – 30 mins.
- Allow to cool before removing from pie tart shell.
- Place caramelized walnuts on top for decoration
- Cut into 8 slices & serve with Vanilla Icecream.