Most people use Chocolate chips in their cookies..
We like to use real chocolate bits in our cookies. The difference is, Chocolate chips are meant to be bake stable, so they do not melt when baked. When we use real chocolate in our cookies, the chocolate kind of melts and you get an enhanced chocolate experience when you bite into these cookies. Which is why we make these cookies!!!
Ingredients : ( makes approx. 30 cookies , 30 gm each)
- Unsalted butter : 220 gms
- Flour : 350 gms ( sifted )
- Baking soda : 10 gms ( sifted )
- Sea salt : 4 gms
- Brown sugar / Demerara sugar : 180 gms
- Granulated sugar : 60 gms
- Eggs : 2 large
- Vanilla Essence : 2 ½ tblespns
- Yoghurt / Curd : 1 tblespn
- 72% Dark Jus’Trufs Artisanal Chocolate : 250gms ( chopped into bits.) & 50 gms extra for the top of the cookies.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Cut the butter into pieces & place in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisking frequently, allow the butter to turn golden brown. Remove from heat & cool to room temperature. This simple step gives a richer , nutty, butter taste to the cookies.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, sea salt & baking soda.
- With the hand whisk, combine the sugars & brown butter. Add in the egg, vanilla essence & yoghurt / curd. Blend until smooth.
- Next, mix in the dry ingredients & fold in the 72% Artisanal dark chocolate bits. Form into a dough. Cover & chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- On a non-stick baking tray, scoop the dough out with a tablespoons about 2’’ apart. Gently press with fingers to flatten slightly. Place a few 72% chocolate bits on top of each cookie.
- Bake until golden brown in the preheated oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool before removing from baking tray.
- Enjoy this beautiful, “un chocolate chip” experience.